Data Protection Policy
Purpose of this policy
Electrical Skills take the protection of your data seriously and we want you our clients and contacts to feel confident that we are keeping your data secure and that we handle it and process it in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. This policy provides information on how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data, how to contact us if you would like to report a concern about the way in which we process your data.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data: Information you provide to us if you:
- complete a form on our Website
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing
- report a problem
- sign up to receive communication
- enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services,
We may collect your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and photographic evidence. CCTV data if in operation on site.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit to our Website such as the services you searched for and viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
If you are a learner who previously completed a course with an awarding body we may receive information about you from that awarding body.
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional. We use your data
- to provide the services to you
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of services
- to provide you with administrative support and respond to issues
- to provide you with information about our events, offers and promotions, related to the services that may be of interest to you.
We use your data, where this is necessary, for purposes which are in Electrical Skills legitimate interests. These interests are:
- to communicate with you in relation to any issues or complaints
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our services, including testing the performance and customer experience of our website / learning management system
- to perform analytics on sales/marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaign
NOTE: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests.
We use your data where you have given your express consent to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal data to:
- send you information about our events, offers, and promotions, related to services offered which may be of interest to you
- develop, improve, and deliver marketing and advertising for services offered
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- legal and other professional advisers and consultants
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We will ensure there is a contract in place with the categories of recipients listed above which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
We will share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long will you keep your personal data?
Where there is a contract we will retain your personal data for the duration of the contract, and for a period of three years following its termination or expiry, to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, audit and regulatory requirements. Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and the applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where you have a username or password (or other identification information) which enables you to access certain services of our LMS, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We actively monitor emerging cyber threats on a 24×7 basis.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the email or postal address given below.
Right to rectification
We aim to keep your personal data accurate and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, where you withdraw your consent to processing, where there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue to process your personal data.
Right to object
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where, for example, if your data is being processed for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to object to the pressing of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Right to restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the further processing of your personal data. This right arises where, for example, you have contested the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you and we are verifying the information, or the processing is unlawful and you elect that processing is restricted rather than deleted.
Right to data portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format. This right arises where you have provided your personal data to us, the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract, and processing is carried out by automated means. If you would like to request that your personal data is ported to you, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Please note that the GDPR sets out exceptions to these rights. If we are unable to comply with your request due to an exception we will explain this to you in our response.
Contact / Complaints
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which Electrical Skills processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, or if you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org